Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happy First Birthday, Meghan!

How did this happen? Where has the time gone? When people ask me about my life with three kids, I can answer truthfully that this year has been the fastest of my life. I can't believe my baby is turning one!

It's hard to believe that one year ago today I woke up like it was any other day (well not quite any other day, as I was 40 weeks and 1 day pregnant, but that is not the point), and by the end of the day, I had a baby girl in my arms.


Meghan, a year ago...


And now... Good morning to the birthday girl!


With both Jack & Clara at school this morning, we had a quiet morning to ourselves and took the time to partake in some of our favorite activities around the house. She started off the day climbing on the dining room chairs.




After that she moved up on to the table to finish up some leftover toast of Clara's.


Then we moved back into her room to play with the ride-on toy. This is one of her favorites.


Next she moved into Jack and Clara's room.


Beads anyone?




With a brief pause in the fun to pick up Jack from preschool and eat lunch, then she recharged with a nap. It seems she fell asleep sitting up.


After picking up Clara from school, we headed over to the church park for what has become a favorite after school ritual. I had particularly wanted to make it over there today because we had gone there last year on this date while I was in early labor. It was fun to be there watching Meghan move around the park knowing I'd done similar pacing myself a year ago.


Home from the park, Clara is decidedly more excited than the birthday girl about the cake and presents.


We went to one of our favorites spots, Beaseley's Chicken & Honey, for a celebratory dinner.




Back home again I captured Meghan in her favorite activity of late.


Cake time!


Take two!


I think she likes it.


Meghan is fortunate enough to have so much help opening her presents. Can you believe we had actually survived thus far without a corn popper? I'm sure I don't know how. We can all breathe a sigh of relief that we no longer have to endure life without one. And it's pink!




Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!


And because we all know I'm a sucker for comparisons...
Clara's first birthday




Jack's first birthday


1 comment:

  1. This might be the best post ever (excepting the next one!)

    ReplyDelete