Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Eleventh Anniversary Weekend (Aug. 25 - 26)

We started off our 11th Wedding Anniversary (weekend!) at the Durham Farmer's Market. Now why, you may ask, would we drive all the way to Durham when the NC State Farmer's Market is so close to us? One word, food. :) In addition to a smaller market with more organic options, the food trucks are there with their delicious gourmet food options at not so gourmet prices. I enjoyed the breakfast pizza from Pie Pushers while Brec had a pork sandwich from Porchetta. And as you can see, everyone enjoyed ice cream from The Parlour. I wasn't going to partake because I was pretty stuffed from the breakfast pizza, but when I saw the Toasted Coconut actually made from a coconut milk base, I knew I had to have some.



No way Meghan was going to be left out.


After eating we walked around Durham Central Park a bit. Who doesn't love a giant cardinal to climb on?



Catching some shade.


Playing on the green with Daddy

Later that evening we took a risk and celebrated our anniversary with a dinner at Beaseley's Chicken & Honey. The anniversary gods were smiling upon us, and the kids did beautifully. We all enjoyed a delicious meal of fried chicken, biscuits, & Belgian waffles.
 

Meghan intent on the fare.

Later we snapped several picks of all three kids in the tub. 



 Still crazy after all these years...

Sunday morning we ate brunch at Player's Retreat.


Baby's first chicken wing

And later we explored (aka bothered) the nature around us.

Happy 11th anniversary to us!

2 comments:

  1. 10/11/12 - a good day to write about an 11th anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nevermind...you did it on the 10th. Still a nice post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete