The weather was a little more agreeable when we arrived back in Raleigh on Friday afternoon after our week long trip to Richmond. Saturday was spent with the kids outside and me trying to clean up from our weeklong trip. I decided to my bi-monthly or so washing of the shower curtains and hung them outside on the line to dry. Meghan had the most fun running through them. Of course then the big kids came around and threatened to yank them into the dirt so the game was quickly put to an end.
Late morning snack on the patio.
Later on our walk to the park, posing on the stump. I think Jack was crying out, "Cheese!" in the top picture. Not the effect I was looking for. ;)
First grilled-out hot dogs of the season. Meghan decked out in her tutu finest for the dining experience. Don't mind the red marker all over her face, she sure doesn't.
On Sunday we attended a mystery-themed birthday party at Pullen Park. I can't imagine who this crazy person is of whom Brec took a picture.
After the party which ended at 5:30, we decide to try our luck at Player's Retreat. Meghan was a bit of a beast, but having our car parked right outside our table really salvaged the meal. I opened the door and sat in the doorway while Meghan played in the back seat until the food came. The meal ended with Meghan kicking over my beer so that it spilled all over Jack's pant as I had been again holding her in my lap. Luckily we were able to flee the scene very quickly with the car so nearby!
The big kids were much better behaved than Meghan. Clara kept the mystery theme going by disguising herself as Daddy.
On Monday we were again back to the grind. I snapped this picture at the end of our walk after leaving the park. As you can see, it was truly a pleasant jaunt home.
And that... was our spring break! I can't believe Clara has only one more 9 weeks of kindergarten remaining. This year has flown by.
No comments:
Post a Comment