Sunday, March 21, 2010

Is It Springtime Yet?

Finally on Saturday I could answer an emphatic, "Yes! Its springtime" to Clara's daily question of the past few weeks. We had a gorgeous first weekend of spring here in Raleigh. We spent a large part of it outside.

Today we had a cookout with our friends Alison, Craig, & Kierstin and tried out their outdoor hot tub. Its so big, that it seems like a swimming pool to the little girls. I think Jack had the most fun of all. A giant bath tub with no one trying to regulate his splashing.









Disclaimer: The following is not for the faint of heart, particularly (great-)grandmothers and/or those generally skeevish about dogs. Proceed with caution...

On St. Paddy's Day I was cooking some festive Indian food when I heard the dog bowls clattering. I knew that I'd emptied the water bowl, and with Sydney the food bowl is never full for long, so I was safe. Jeekers was occupied and playing with one of the few relatively innocuous things in the kitchen. Or so I thought; I turned around to this:




Of course I had to get the camera. But after the photo op he went right on back to face-planting the dog bowls and didn't understand why I was trying to distract him. Finally I had to take them away. :)

4 comments:

  1. the hot tub looks amazing!!
    love jack....now i don't feel so bad about adelina eating ladybugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother always told me that kids had to eat a peck of dirt while growing up. (Who would measure dirt by the peck....) As long as they don't eat something toxic or that requires a trip to the E.R., you're good.

    ReplyDelete