Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Last Weekend in July 2016 (7/29 - 7/31)

Setting a record for "furthest into the new year without a blogpost" in 2016, but all that is about to change! As always, I'm determined to catch-up. I was so close last year right before our annual beach trip and somehow was derailed.  One post at the end of the year and here we are now in August. Enough wasting energy on things that cannot be changed, we're looking to the future! We had a pretty exciting "last weekend in July" so before the "Great Blog Catchup 2015/6" begins, here are some of our more recent goings on...

Friday, July 29

Like the past several summers we've spent a lot of this one at the pool. The kids continue to improve their swimming abilities, and never was it more obvious than Friday when I was watching all three of them swim unassisted in the deep end.



Clara was determined to teach Meghan how to dive. While they were working on it, Jack decided he was up to the challenge.

Jack teaches himself how to dive.

Saturday, July 30

After a nice spring and a moderate June, it has been a brutal July. So if we haven't been at the pool, we've most likely been indoors. With a slight break in the heat, Saturday's high being in the low-90's rather than the upper 90's, we took the opportunity to get the bikes out to the track. It was a big day for Jack. He was riding around no problem with his training wheels raised, so we removed them and he never looked back (except to complain that he was hot). 

Jack rides a two-wheeler for the first time without training wheels.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray the blog is back!....not that I didn't love Jack's Holiday concert.....I can now sing all the songs;->

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great seeing the kids being so active ----I feel like I'm watching them grow up in front of my eyes!

    ReplyDelete