Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Jack's Splinter (Apr. 6 - 10)

Sometime during the second weekend of spring break in all of the time we spent outside in the backyard, Jack got a splinter in his foot. He was pretty upset but was adamant that we didn't touch it. So as a true child of Pop-pop, we soaked it in Epsom salts and waited for it to make its way out of Jack's foot.

4/7 - Monday afternoon Jack's foot was still very sensitive. He was a trooper and just hopped around all day. That afternoon after soaking it, I inspected it and pressed on it revealing this shard of wood! We were so relieved and couldn't believe poor Jack had been walking around with that in his foot. 

He was still hopping around and was assumed as the cut healed, it would become easier for him to put weight on it again.

4/9 - Wednesday arrived and Jack's foot remained extremely sensitive. After his afternoon soak it looked like this, and if I pressed on it, causing him great distress, a some pus would come out.

4/10 - Finally on Thursday after he soaked his foot again, I put a lot of pressure at the bottom of the red area on his foot and this gigantic splinter popped right out of the cut. I was completely shocked. Poor guy, no wonder he absolutely couldn't walk. He never complained, he just did not want us touching his foot. Needless to say it healed quite rapidly after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment