On the last Saturday in March (and the first Saturday of the kids' spring break), I returned to the pool to race in a swim meet for the first time since NCAA's back in March 2000. I began swimming masters again in November in Raleigh after having taken a few months shy of 7 years off from swimming. Our team hosted the NC short course championship at a local facility, so it seemed as good a time as any to take the plunge back into competition. And I had a crowd in the stands supporting me!
I swam three individual events plus a relay. The 100 fly was first and completed before my cheering squad arrived. I went 1:03.10.
Next came the 200 free.

And my last individual event was the 100 IM.
The kids were obviously super-psyched to be there for my big comeback.
Em rulz in pools!
ReplyDelete