Clara's school pictures were last week. The children are photographed in their Halloween costumes. Here is Clara (not-soaked) as Sleeping Beauty.
One of our big events was Meghan's first spit bath. Nay-nay insisted that she needed one despite my assurance that she hadn't done anything to get dirty. Finally I worked up the gumption to attempt it, knowing we couldn't submerge her yet b/c she still retained her umbilical stump.
The ever helpful, proud big sister doing the grunt work!
Here we go.
Jack wants in on the action or at least wants to see it.
Clara helping me get her head wet.
All finished
Snuggled up, all clean. I was seduced by this get-up (not sure it qualifies as an outfit) while pregnant with Clara. Once I actually became a mom, I realized how impractical it was and never used it with either Clara or Jack. I decided that I'd give it a whirl for Meghan's one and only spit bath. Live and learn.
Clara lit up one night at the idea of holding Meghan again as evident by the big smile on her face. She really wanted to use the "moon pillow" as Jack has dubbed the boppy.
Night time snooze on Mommy in between cluster feeds.
This weekend Gramby & Su-su came to town to spend a bit of time with their newest grand-daughter...
Clara never misses out on Meghan snuggle time...
or Angry Birds with Gramby.
The kids got to carve a pumpkin with Grambles (though Clara did say that mine was better!).
Daddy enjoying his little heat generator.
On Tuesday we went to the pediatrician for a 2 week weight check. Things are looking good - Meghan is now 9 lbs, 13.5 oz up from her 3 day weight check of 8 lbs, 10 oz. In the Carson match-up she is in the middle: Clara at 2 weeks was already over 10 lbs, and Jack was 8 lbs, 12 oz.
She's so awesome! I just love her. So nice to finally have a quiet moment to sit and stare at her :)
ReplyDeleteGramby is just glad he didn't cut himself carving his pumpkin ;->
ReplyDelete