Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jack's 1st Birthday Party

This past weekend was very busy for us all. On Thursday night we arrived in Richmond and spent Friday with Gramby and Su-su. Then Friday afternoon Brec and I left the kids in their grandparents capable hands to head to Charlottesville for my induction into the Virginia Swimming Hall of Fame. It was my first night ever away from Jack so needless to say I was a little worried about how he'd do. Turns out, there was nothing to worry about, he and his sister did wonderfully, and I need to figure out what his grandparents did since he slept until 7 am! We returned on Saturday afternoon and that night celebrated Jack's upcoming first birthday with family and friends at Nay-nay & Pop-pop's.

Watching Sesame Street with Gramby.


In the hammock with Daddy




Off to the moon with Gramby... note Clara's observation that "this wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be" Busted Gramby grams!


Now at this point there is a 24 hour gap in the pictures... I can only conjecture about what Gramby & Su-su were doing with their time. :)

On to the birthday extravaganza - I still can't believe we're celebrating Jeekbo's 1st birthday. Where did the time go?

Showing a little sisterly love on a wagon ride


Birthday boy


Homemade cake


Not so sure about it




Hmm.


Happy Birthday Jack






He likes it afterall


The older kids don't waste any time messing around.

Lucy & Clara




Carrie & Luke


And now to Jack's presents... you can see who's helping.


And there's Jack


He's really excited about his presents


Last but not least, the newest addition to the Schaeffer family... Anna Clare born April 16th. You know Memo couldn't wait to get her hands on her.


What a beauty.




Look at all that dark hair!


The new mantle shrine!




Getting some snuggle time with Augs.


And after a weekend in bigger houses with more room between furniture, I feel like Jeekbo's walking has really taken off. He is now walking about half the time as long as he can pull up on something to get started.


And on a final note - last year at this time I was not feeling so good! I'm glad to say I weigh a lot less now than I did then. :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Birthday Jack Baylis!

    Like the new masthead picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Gramby, the hammock was much more fun when cozying up to your sweetie Sue Sue!

    ReplyDelete