Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Quest for a Christmas Card Picture

Last week I embarked on the task of getting two children to smile for the camera at the same time. This turned out to be v. difficult. On two separate occasions they were dressed in festive apparel and pictures snapped. Out of all those taken, only a smattering of which are shown below, there were two in which they were both looking at the camera.

Day 1

My first idea was at some point on our walk to try to snap a photo. First attempt was to have them sit on a bench in the green way near the park. That ended before it could even begin as Clara burst into tears screaming that she didn't want her picture taken and ran off towards the park. This gave me the idea to put the kids in swings... at least this way they were contained. Also swinging seemed to calm Clara down. Quickly I realized that two separate swings was not the way to go.


Then I opted for both kids in the same swing.






Good smile from Clara


Good smile from Jack


Once again no one is looking


Runner-up


The winner... Merry Christmas!


Day 2 - Different outfits, same song...

No one looks


Jack looks


Clara looks


Each smiles off into the distance


And we're back to hiding our faces.


The one picture from this set I really liked is now the new header. While no winning smiles, I liked the way it turned out.

1 comment:

  1. hahah! those series of pictures are so funny to look at! what punks! must get that from their dad...busted! :)

    ReplyDelete