We interrupt this blog catch-up for some real time action in the pool!
Most of my swimming posts thus far have centered around Clara and the great strides she's taken in the pool. This time, however, the focus is on Jack and Meghan and how far they've come! Our first day at the pool was Monday, and already I could see that the afternoons we spent in the cold indoor pool water this winter while Clara was at her lesson paid off. Up until now both kids have not been comfortable putting their faces under water, but something clicked with Jack, and he took the plunge on Monday!
Monday Jack swims with his face under water.
Then yesterday I got both of them goggles which really opened up a new world! All of a sudden Jack was a fish, diving for rings on the bottom of the pool.
And Meghan was kicking with her face in the water.
Jack & Meghan showing off their newfound skillz in the same frame.
After all that swimming they paused for a snack break. No time to take off the goggles though.
Ya Jack and Meghan - looking good!
ReplyDeleteYa know, when Jack was with us at the pool recently he wouldn't put his face in but then one time he said something like "I've got to do this when I go home" and he put his face in a swam a little. Only one time tho. Looks like he's totally broken thru now. Way to go Jack and Meghan!
ReplyDelete