Friday, November 8, 2013

Beginning of October (1 -16)

These are some of the everyday goings on for us from the beginning of October.

Nothing in the kitchen for dinner, so Zoe's it is. Meghan enjoys one of their chocolate chip cookies.

Oops, this isn't looking so good on my part, another dinner out... Beaseley's!

One morning I caught Meghan playing with Baby Margaret.


The beginning of October we were inundated with hawk sightings. This particular bird we saw walking one afternoon on the way to pick up Clara. After I snapped this picture it proceeded to fly down into some pine straw about 20 feet past us and sort of pick through it as if looking for something that perhaps got away.

This hawk Jack spotted and yelled for me to get a picture on our walk home from school pick-up a different day. What a catch on his part.

Then low and behold a few mornings later when we were walking out of the door to take Jack to school, we came upon this guy in our front yard! It also was digging around on the ground. The feathers around one of its legs were all ruffled, and I worried that maybe it was injured, and that's why it was acting so strangely. I even took a video, but in classic fashion seconds after I stopped recording, it flew away to a tree across the street. Jack hustled to the car, but I was a little concern that Meghan was going to charge it.




Apparently October is fire prevention month, so fire fighters came to Jack's preschool to talk to the kids, and he came home with this hat. Meghan tried it on for size.

Just two days before Meghan's second birthday, we went to Pullen park for Jack's friend Orson's birthday party. Though I managed to somehow leave out the birthday boy, here's a picture of my kids and Orson's sister, Rosalind, enjoying the cake.

Last but not least in this mish mash of early October happenings, Jack's preschool class invited their dads to school for Dads & Donuts. Jack was excited to show Brec around his classroom and of course to have a donut early in the school day. And look who's even dancing with his class! He's come so far.



A few shoots on the deck on Meghan's last day as a one-year-old.


What a stinker. He takes after his Uncle Jack with silly faces theses days but must be his Auntique with that tongue!

1 comment: