Somehow after my all-star blogging of April, I've fallen behind in May. But at least it's only been a few weeks and not months since my last post. First up, Mother's day!
My Mother's day started early this year with a "Mother's day tea" at Jack's preschool the Wednesday before. I was a little nervous for Jack because I knew that in addition to the "tea party" in his classroom, the children were going to be singing several songs in the church sanctuary in front of all of the mothers in attendance. While Jack is familiar with the inside of the church, I understood that he was not exactly a fan. I was really proud of how he behaved. He marched into the space with his classmates and stood up at the front with them.
He didn't sing and kept his hands covering his ears, but in the one song he "crouched down low and stood up to grow". I have heard him singing all the songs the children performed around the house and on our walks, so maybe next year he'll decide to sing when he's a little more comfortable. Babysteps.
At the tea I received this "little red box", a shout-out to one of the songs the children sang.
I wish I had a little red box
To put my mommy in.
I'd take her out and go,
Kiss, kiss, kiss,
And put her back again.
And inside was this heart pin that Jack decorated for me.
Snacks at the park to kick start our mother's day weekend Friday afternoon. (That's right, it's Mother's day weekend, not just Mother's day!)
Saturday morning on the big girl swing. As you'll see from video footage from the weekend, Meghan's new favorite place to be is on one of the big kids swings. It seems to be working out as Jack and Clara are fighting over the baby swing. We're all about the greener grass in this family.
As promised, Sunday morning on the swings.
Not my favorite picture of myself, but I had to include a shot of me with my three babies on Mother's day morning. How lucky am I!
Very lucky as I got several cute cards from Clara for the occasion.
Love the hand print holding the flowers.
Translation: "Happy Mother's day. You do every thing. You always clean up for me. I love you. From Clara, to Mom."
After Meghan's long nap (and mine!), we walked to the park to enjoy the beautiful weather.
I love this dress. It was one of Clara's. Of course I was telling Meghan to smile, and she was saying, "No."
Once again with the "No", but she knows she's being a punk and sort of cracks a smile at the end of the series.
Best treat of all, dinner out at Beaseley's! It almost didn't happen, the kids actually talked us into it, and I was so glad. They behaved wonderfully, and we got to have delicious food with no cooking by me!
And as an added bonus, I officially have a child that likes fried chicken! Woohoo.
Happy (belated) Mother's day to all the mothers out there.
Emily what a wonderful blog. I enjoyed watching Jack perform, Clara swing out of the picture, and Meghan grin (well, sort of)! How lucky to receive such beautiful Mother's Day gifts -- they're the best!
ReplyDeleteHow do you have such cute children??????????????
ReplyDelete