Halloween was kind of a crazy day for us. Clara didn't have school but Jack did, and she actually got to go to school with him. I think she had fun being the big girl on campus and help Ms. Lauren out with the Suns class. It was Jack's special helper day, and what better show and tell than bringing your big sister. I couldn't have been more thankful on this day for Clara to be allowed to return to preschool with Jack. It helped temper the excitement for the night to come by having a fun activity in the morning. I can only imagine how crazy Christmas Eve is going to be based on the hours of 3 to 6 pm Halloween afternoon.
Meghan in the morning when all was quiet. She keeps trying to get her Nuks out of the crib, then comes in to taunt me when she's victorious.
Pumpkin! She was being such a punky pumpkin. She would not look at the camera, and then when she finally did, there were no smiles to be had.
By 3 pm Meghan was up from her nap and things were starting to get hairy. It was time to get the festivities of the evening started by carving our pumpkin. Clara helped me scoop out the innards and plan the face.
Finished product!
Meanwhile I couldn't resist yet another comparison, this time a "last year vs this year". Last year Memo gave us a size 0-3 mo Halloween outfit for Meghan. Clara loved it and once Halloween passed, claimed it for Kit & Kaya. Since it was not packed away in the attic, I thought it would be fun to try it on Meghan this year. I was shocked that it actually fit, tight but still wearable.
I guess it was a tad big last year.
"Wicked cute" in action with her ball popper.
With pumpkin carving out of the way, it was finally costume time. Everyone joined in the festive cheer. Jack was carrying his pink pumpkin for candy along for the ride.
Meghan and Jack kept fighting over the ride on toy. So to mix things up, I decided to venture into the bowels of the attic and pull down another one that had not seen the light of day since before Jack was born. Clearly it was a hit.
Finally Daddy arrived home from work, and we were ready for trick-or-treating!
A witch, Jack 'o lantern, and giraffe.
Much like her pumpkin outfit earlier, I couldn't seem to snap a decent picture of Meghan in her giraffe costume. Though she was trying very hard to get her costume off in this picture taken after we arrived home, she really was perfect while we trick-or-treated. She rode in the stroller, and I worried that the constant stopping, starting, and waiting would bother her, but she just snuggled in for the ride.
Giraffe on the loose with a sippy cup full of milk.
Despite the lack of pictures, I did get a video of her in it.
The kids wasted no time getting into their candy.
Look at all that loot. I posed the question to Brec that Jack and Clara had gone to the same houses, so how come Clara had so much more candy? His responded that Clara had taken the "one piece please" sign on grab-bag houses as a more of a guideline rather than a rule. Honestly she comes by it naturally.
Back home, jack 'o lantern lit, happy Halloween!
the oldest sibling always stealing more candy!
ReplyDelete