Thursday, October 22, 2009

NC State Fair

On Tuesday Brec took the morning off from work, and we headed to the NC State Fair! Clara really seemed to enjoy it this year. At first it was a bit overwhelming, as the over-sized food and game stands might be to a two year old, but once we started seeing animals, she really warmed up. She even got to pet a 1500 lb bull. And once the food purchasing started, she was won over. :) Jack took the day in stride and seemed to like looking at all of the brightly colored festivities. He did not, however, like the poultry exhibition. All of the rooster crowing scared him, poor little guy.

On our way decked out in festive clothing.


Sitting on the hugie log in the parking lot


Taking a look at all of the baby chicks and ducks, so cute!


I dreamed of this fresh-cut chips since last year when I opted not to get them. They were everything I'd hoped they would be. ;)


Clearly underwhelmed by the fair


Stick with Mommy 'cause you know there will be sno-cones in October!


Feeding the goats in the petting zoo. Clara really enjoyed this activity.


Camel!


Last but best... ice cream! Clara was extremely excited when I showed her that the cone holding all of the ice cream was actually edible.

2 comments:

  1. Anyone who dreams of food is OK with me! (And I can see why, those chips did look amazing.)
    PS: those kids were pretty darn cute, too.

    ReplyDelete